Re: ADT Contract Language help.

canyonblue@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> To make a long story short (see my other recent posts) I am *likely* to
> go with ADT Corporate for an extensive residential system. The main
> reason besides overall cost is they have agreed to write in the
> contract that the system is NOT a lease and will be owned from DAY 1.
> Further they agree to write in the contract that at the end of the
> contract term (3 years) they will provide free of charge to appropriate
> master codes allowing the main Safewatch Pro 3000 box to be used by any
> independent installer.
>
> Since I don't know the technology lingo, how should the language read
> in your more professional opinions to make sure that I don't have
> issues 3 years from now if I want to switch to other monitoring without
> equipment changes? Is "master code" the appropriate term or what?
>
> Thanks, if they don't get the language right I will likely go to an
> independent at over a $750+ premium, but if they give the way out I
> don't think I can pass them up.

Go hire a lawyer.
  Perhaps an Alarm Contract expert-
  Maybe the Likes of Ken Kirshenbaum.
Or maybe you just like to troll here for "Free" info from guys who make
an honest living at it and CAN do some creative work by using their
heads, unlike your "likely" future Company whom many of us wouldn't let
wipe our cats litter box out, let alone do ANY work in our homes.

BTW- How come you always come here for answers?- Doesn't your
"likely" Contractor make you feel absolutely comfortable with ITS
answers? If I had that many unanswered questions and were that
uncomfortable and unsure, I would be going out looking for MORE quotes.

I'm sure you will answer by- "I'm just making sure" or "I'm comparing".
There are tons of us who go out and quote jobs and specs to customers
just like you, who DEMAND that we give you free quotes, drop the price,
give me something for free, throw this in, give me a detailed diagram
and quote, the other guy said....., - then we never here from you or you
jerk us around for a month- only later do we find you use EVERY DETAIL
of the design to let another Company "Give you a better price".

In case you don't know- many are here to make a living and support our
families- we're not the "Governmemt Free Cheese Program"! I,for one am
HAPPY to see you go with ADT- you both are a PERFECT fit! I wouldn't
waste a minute with you for nickle-and-diming a $3300.00 job, when I can
deal with professionals in Fire Installations and make 15 Times that!

To Quote Kenny Rodgers: "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to
fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to RUN"!
Many here have the knowledge, experience, expertise, and common sense to
read a good hand and have a fast pair of legs!