Re: OT: Hey Bass

> More and more, I am beginning to enjoy "quality riding" over "quantity riding".

Same here.  I don't really want to go for lengthy trips on a bike.  I don't even like driving the Odyssey more than a few hundred
miles.  Anything long I hop on a plane though I do drive up to New England every few years.  Since I live in a good riding climate
both here in Florida and in Brazil, hauling a bike to some other destination by trailer isn't necessary.

> My taste for the long haul stuff is quickly being replaced with enjoying a simple 100 or 200 mile ride at an easy comfortable pace
> over a beautiful, winding country road. Might be age creeping up,...

Yeah, it has a way of doing that.  :^)

> I do find the 800 lb cruiser a real "handful" now at parking lot speeds, and although I really love that bike (it does everything
> well), I've been toying with going to one of the new breed of scooters, with their low centre of gravity. Honda is rumoured to be
> coming out with a four cylinder 900 cc scooter shortly, and I don't plan on doing anything until I see that one (and then only
> after the first year version has worked out all the bugs).

A 900 cc scooter?  That ought to be interesting.

> I've rented the home in Seaside Gardens, Florida...

AKA, the "Redneck Riviera".  :^)

> for two months this year (15 Jan to 15 March) so will be
> able to  venture out on some of the roads north up in
> Alabama and Georgia, and maybe even down into the
> Florida keys (although places like Tampa and the Keys
> are quite a drive from the house). However, I will try to
> get down to visit with you and Jim Rojas at some point
> if possible...

Excellent!  I'll be here throughout January but we're going to be Brazil from early February through late April.  If you can make
the ride in January, get maybe we can convince Jim to go riding.

> In any event, I'm looking forward to two extra months
> of touring. If you care to, you can see the trailer I
> bought at the flicker url in my signature line.

Nice rig.  It will beat dragging through the inevitable rains coming down through the Carolinas.

> My son is running the business almost full time now from my home, so I have little to do these days other than bookwork, a bit of
> smoozing when the mood stikes me, and a few simple service calls. With automatic billing, it leaves lots of spare time (best
> decision I ever made in this business....)

I'm looking forward to the day, not too far ahead when I can back off a bit, too.  For me it's a matter of finding and hiring
knowledgeable sales techs.

> I wish you well, and hope that things will work out for you. Although I am not a particularly religious man, I shall be praying
> for good things to come out of this experience for you. Above all, stay positive and never give up (even in the smallest way)!

Thanks, Bob.  I'm trusting for a full recovery.  There's still considerable pain and other problems but I'm getting through it.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics