Re: Hey Bass

>> Something else he'll claim he blew away Harleys on
>
> Lots of small bikes will absolutely smoke a stock Harley
> off the line...

Yep.  There are three transmission modes on the Burgman.  "Standard" is for normal driving, nothing special.  "Power" changes the
shift points to a higher RPM for a quick burst.  "DeM" is a manual override that acts like a manual except there's no clutch.  Hit
DeM from a stop and I get to 50 mph faster than a fair number of cruisers.

The top speed, however, is about 120 mph.  I have no desire to ride at that speed though.  I took it up a couple of times just to
see how it rode and it doesn't feel stable over 100 mph.

> My little 500cc Honda Shado I had 15 years ago had
> a better hole shot than most.  I know my Goldwings
> would beat most stockers both on the top and out of
> the hole compared to an Electra Glide or Roadglide
> of similar years...
>
> A huge displacement scooter (for a scooter) with its
> low center of gravity and its light weight could very
> easily beat some Harley's off the line, and maybe up
> to a large percentage of speed limit.

Indeed.

> I have to admit that is where my experience is limited.
> I have never owned a scooter of any kind...

They're a lot of fun to ride around town, short hops up to Bradenton or cruising along the keys.  On the highway I doubt you'd enjoy
it though, especially after years of riding all that big iron.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics