Re: Hey Bass

Modern scooters of any displacement will surpise you Bob. I took a
Honda Silverwing for a ride one day (600 cc twin) and almost instantly,
I was going 75 mph and quite honestly, it seemed quieter and more
streamlined at that speed than my mega cruiser. I can't imagine what a
900 cc scooter would perform like, but it would be no slouch.

Most 500 cc "crock rockets" can run circles around most any of the bike
cruiser style bikes. I guess they are built for razor sharp
acceleration and handling but along with that goes high rpm and a far
less relaxed ride. Some of the 1000 cc sport bikes will easily top 300
kph (180 mph) and it takes a VERY experienced rider to even handle one
(and guess who buys them...testosterone hyped up teenagers ????). I
doubt there is anything made on two or four wheels at any price that
can come close to the Kawasaki 1000 cc sportbike for raw power to
weight ratio, acceleration and top speed.

That new 1800 cc Honda Goldwing is also in a league all its
own....speed, power, handling, comfort all top notch....and with a
price tag to match. I was sorely tempted a while ago by an offer the
local dealer made me for my Nomad. VERY close...but no nickel !!

But I know none of the above is any news to you....

RHC