Re: OT: Hey Bass

> Bikes of all styles get my juices going...

Same here but I've nowhere near your breadth of experience. Also, medical expenses are making me a bit more conservative this year.
When we first discussed it I wanted something to get used to for a while before moving up so I picked up a couple of scooters to use
at my homes in Brazil and in Florida.  I'm thinking about a Honda Goldwing if business goes well enough but that decision will have
to wait until I get well again.

Anyway, I really enjoy the Burgman.  In Brazil I don't need or even want a big bike.  The speed limit is strictly enforced
everywhere using automated speed-cams.  They look like the  REG-L1-875-XE like this one
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/product_38360_detailed.htm tied to a radar gun.  They mount them on poles every few kilometers.
There are also portable traps that they set up at random locations.  The speed limit is 80 kph (about 50 mph) on limited access
highways and much lower elsewhere.  Also, big, fancy bikes attract the same kind of attention as fancy cars and jewelry.  Paradise
still is not without it's problems.

I've heard of people using one of those anti-sneak laptop covers inside the license plate cover.  Turned 90º it allows viewing of
the tag at driver height but blocks the view from a pole.  I obey the speed laws though.

> I just thought the bike in the link was a totally
> different machine with a touch of the absurd
> that might interest you...

It looks interesting alright.  If I hadn't already bought the Burgman I might have tried one out.  I kind of wonder about the
suspension though, how well it handles quick turns and how it will hold up over time.  There's this principle called a "complexity
factor" that I tried unsuccessfully to explain to a few folks here some years ago.  Basically, you take Murphy's Law and apply it to
an increasing component count.  You get the point.

Anyway, you pegged me about liking radical, sometimes outlandish stuff.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics