Re: Let's say I break into your house 9, was: Good news for US -- Secure Fence Act of 2006

I can't say that the Isreali government has acted in the interests of the
USA at all times. When Israel deliberately attacked the USS Liberty or when
Jonathan Jay Pollard was convicted of spying for Isreal that certainly hurt
the USA. That said, most people think of US and Isreali interests as being
closely aligned. I don't think that the US as a country or its people would
allow harm to come to Isreal, and I feel that's way it should be. Since the
time of Moses the Jews have been oppressed by one power or another. The
irony is that even having their own state has not put them in any less
peril. I certainly don't have the wisdom to suggest a solution, my hope for
them is what they hope for themselves when they greet one another with the
word "Shalom".