Re: Thanks for all the replies folks, a few more questions...

>I don't doubt that Bass has been a person
> that you wish wasn't around. I don't respond
> to Bass or his posts. A Liberal Democrat
> Yankee is hard for me to take in general
> and Bass is no exception...

Hmm.  I have nothing against right-wing, ultra-conservative Republicans.  It's their political leaders I can't stand.  Fortunately,
the people of the United States have spoken yesterday and the majority said "Enough!"

> Bass has his views and I have mine.

The reason this country is great is that you and I still have the freedom to express those views, diametrically opposed though they
may be.  The bigget issue in this newsgroup has always been about that same freedom.  Jiminex and several othewrs here tried to
drive me away (it's not the other way around as they claim) because they don't agree with what I say about industry problems.  They
also hate it when anyone tells a DIYer how to install his own alarm system.

> If he weren't trying to recover from his
> illness I might engage him.

I can handle an argument.  I mostly ignore Jiminex because his idea of an argument is to curse like a gutter snipe and gloat over my
cancer.  I don't wish him any harm, lthough I wouldn't mind if he went away.

> Things being the way they are I thinks
> it best that I wish him all the best and
> leave it at that...

Thanks.

> ... Even if Bass made comments you
> view as comparable...

Never happened.  I once or twice wise-cracked, "Drop dead and on the way down hit your head," but that was in jest.  It was a quote
from an old friend with a wicked sense of humor.

> if Bass told someone to drop dead he
> didn't say it while he knew that person
> was having a heart attack...

If Jiminex were having a heart attack in front of me I'd perform CPR.  Like I said, I dislike him and I have no respect for him but
I can't bring myself to hate him (or anyone else).

> Get some perspective, destroying a
> newsgroup doesn't equate in anyone's
> book to suffering an agonizing death.

On this one you need some perspective.  Jiminex *claims* that I've tried to destroy this newsgroup.  In point of fact, I've posted
tens of thousands of tech support messages and discussed all manner of security related issues with the regulars here.  What
infuriates Jiminex is that I disagree with some of the things he posts.  He has been repeatedly told by numerous others, including
several who disagree with me about business, that it is he who is destroying this newsgroup.

In all fairness I do occasionally post a little jibe at Jiminex and a few other obnoxious participants in ASA.  But that is nothing
compared to the things they have done, including sending bogus complaints to the BBB, filing false complaints with the ECLB (all
dismissed), posting my SS# in a public newsgroup, posting the names, addresses and telephone numbers (including children's phones)
of my elderly parents and their neighbors, as well as the same info about my own neighbors.  One of these morons actually built a
hate website.  These are not *normal* people you're dealing with here.

You need to get this in context.  These characters claim I've done terrible things to "their" newsgroup, but it's not *their*
newsgroup and what I've actually done that annoys them is tell DIYers how to install their own systems.  I help anyone who asks.
They say, "Oh, but his motive is to make a sale."  Yet their motive in attacking me and (frequently) attacking end users who ask for
advice about DIY is to keep the trade for themselves.  Jiminex is no different.  He's just more prone to long, vulgar diatribes and
a bit more hateful.

> Everyone comes from someplace. My
> reality now is watching a co worker just 34 years old waste away...

Sorry to hear that.

> Between their tears and frustration they
> are glad to see anyone from work come
> by. I am not a big prize for someone to
> have around, but I try to be there as one human to another...

When I was in the hospital having my lung surgery my wife stayed at my side the entire time.  She slept in a chair in my room for
five of the six nights, only leaving me to prepare our home the night before I got out.  During that time, besides family, friends
visited me every day.  While I was in pain and probably not much of a host, their presence made things a lot more bearable for me
and for my wife.  Keep visiting your friend, even if he gets to where he doesn't respond.

> ... That inability to change anything leaves
> me paralyzed with sadness. I have seen
> too many friends and family menbers pass
> this hideous way. Can you really hope that for anyone else? If you do I feel profoundly
> sorry for you.

I doubt you'll get through to him.  Jiminex is a little crazy.  He's heard the same thing countless times from countless others.  He
counts anyone who doesn't jump on his hate-wagon as an enemy, worthy of contempt and ridicule.  One of the nicest people to ever
grace this newsgroup is a Canadian fellow named Bob Campbell.  Bob currently posts under the nickname "Tourman."  Jiminex has
attacked Bob on every subject for years, all because Bob refuses to attack yours truly.  Hang around a while and you'll see what I'm
saying is true.

Regards,
Robert