Re: Thanks for all the replies folks, a few more questions...

Roland Moore wrote:

<snip>

> If you're any sort of a real man I hope your thoughts go toward asking Bass,
> and everyone else here that had the misfortune of reading your post, to
> forgive you.

I don't share all of your sentiments.  In the last five or so years,
I've seen Bass drive off more good people with his endless libels and
outright lies.  I haven't seen you post anything here in that time so I
can only assume you are a relative newcomer to the Group.  If you've
"lurked" here for any length of time I'm sure you would have tempered
your response somewhat.  I, for one, don't bear Bass any particular ill
will, even though I've borne a fair share of his attacks in these last
few years (and still do from time to time).  I've posted a few things in
anger but I've never attacked his family or wished him ill.  Besides,
when you really consider the source, there's really no point.  Bass
frequently authors his own misfortune.

I exchanged a number of emails with Jim shortly after I started posting
here.  He very patiently gave me a "rundown" of the Group's dynamics
with a particular focus on Bass.  Everything he said about the man has
turned out to be true.  At first, I couldn't believe someone could be
that evil and yet still call himself a "Christian".  He's viciously
libeled a number of individuals here and does not hesitate to employ
lies, deceit, and innuendo in some of his more malicious and cowardly
attacks.  I can honestly say that nothing is beneath him.

I respect Jim for his honesty, but I can't condemn him for his feelings
and, without knowing all the facts, you shouldn't either.  I know what
he said "crossed the line" in most "polite society", but it's really no
worse than what Robert's done in the not-so-distant past.  He has even
told a number of us to "drop dead" and included the phrase "and on the
way down hit your head".

It's really a great pity that Bass brings so much turmoil to this Group.
  When he's absent for extended periods, the place starts to take on a
whole new aura.  Over one particularly long absence, it was actually
pretty cool to see Steve Ryckman (the Group's founder) start posting
again.  When Bass re-appeared, his first order of business was to "prod"
Jim and a number of his other "former detractors".  This is "classic
Bass".  He "pokes and prods", then sits back to enjoy what develops.

Jim was the one that told me long ago to ignore all the manure in the
Group and look for the diamonds.  Believe it or not, there are plenty of
them here.

Oh, yeah, and spend a few minutes with "Google".