Re: cellular home security system questions

I told my wife it would be able $1k.  After the cellular equipment and
such, I'll be pushing $1.5K.  She still hasn't bit as far as believing
a home security system is really going to provide any sort of immediate
safety to her when I'm 2000 miles away working during the week.  Her
complaint is that so what if the alarms go off.  By the time the police
arrive the burglar will have either raped,killed her and taken whatever
they needed.  I told her we can install a deafening siren to alert
neighbors and such but she said is that going to keep her alive?

Are the prices reasonable or could be cheaper via a package deal?

ps- what about the shatterproof glass?