Re: cellular home security system questions

On 6 Nov 2006 12:01:39 -0800, "kyle" <cartesiankyle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Here are my concerns (maybe you can alleviate them?)

>-Worried that phone line can be cut on traditional system

That's true.  You'll need a dedicated cellular backup designed for
transmitting alarm signals.  Your Rube Goldberg idea with the laptop
and T-Mobile although clever, won't work.

>-Worried that any motion detector/etc that is wireless can be
>"jammed"/"tricked"

Don't worry about that.  Although technically possible, 99% of alarm
technicians can't even do that.  There are certain features of some
wireless products that incorporate anti-jam (if activated).  Also,
some motion detectors have an anti-masking feature.

--

-Graham
(remove the double e's to email)