Re: Any tips for a consumer about to purchase a system & contract?

Robert L Bass wrote:
> > I would get a system where you have the key
> > to the box, you have the installation programming
> > codes, you have the programming instructions,
> > and you can program it yourself. Also where you
> > can select which company will monitor your
> > alarm and switch to another monitoring company
> > as you wish.
>
> One way to do that is to install your own system.  A lot of people do.  It's not rocket science. <

Who services that system when it goes haywire? What happens when the
DIYer sends signals on the wrong account because it was programmed
incorrectly?
When you sell a DIYer a system you have no way of knowing where they
are mounting equipment, or if they are really doing the same job a
professional would do.
You have no way of knowing how many falses they had.
I have never seen a DIYer admit that they should have just hired a pro.
Their egos won't allow for it. You've dealt with those people long
enough to know what I am saying is correct, but for business posturing
I doubt you will publically agree.
There will always be a market for people who think they can do
something better than a pro, and I am glad they go elsewhere so I don't
have to deal with them, but there is no need to take a jab at those who
do this for a living by implying it's easy to install.
Did you monitor DIY systems in West Hartford or were all of your online
accounts systems you installed?