Re: cellular home security system questions

On 6 Nov 2006 17:54:05 -0800, "kyle" <cartesiankyle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>You have eased my worries about the wireless motion detectors/units --
>could you perhaps steer me in a direction of these "anti-jam" products?
> Will the GE Simon 3 incorporate this?

I don't install GE stuff, so I can't help you there.  Ademco 5800
series wireless with newer panels have an anti-jam feature that can be
enabled in programming.  I personally do not enable it because it
causes more service calls.

>ALso, can you kindly explain why the laptop and T-Mobile idea will not
>work?

The panel in native mode needs a dial tone, plus the tones a
communicator uses are not reproducible in a digital ad-hoc system you
propose.

>  NextAlarm.com, if I purchase their GE Simon unit along with the
>ABN Broadband adapter it seems like it should work?

That will work.  Because it's VOIP and tested with their equipment.
Keep in mind, if you have digital phone- when the power is out it will
not work.

You should go with a true cell backup unit for optimum redundancy.
Something like:

https://www.telular.com/v2/html/telguard/TG1%20Sell%20Sheet%20final%209-2005%20small%20file.pdf

--

-Graham