Re: Thanks for all the replies folks, a few more questions...

"tourman" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1162874581.114863.240640@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Nice ! That's gotta be a new low even for you. I hope the original
> poster isn't judging this group by the likes of you

I'm never pleased to encounter a newsgroup where there are frequent
personal attacks and what not, but I learned long ago that especially in
an unmoderated alt group there is little that can be done about it.  I've
seen so many groups trashed and rendered but a shell of what they
could be that it almost doesn't sadden me anymore.  I consider myself
lucky if even one or two people take the time to address my questions
and I'm thankfull when they do.

I don't know to what extent the animosity in this group is related to
personal issues, different business models, real and/or perceived
transgressions against best industry practices or the law, etc and life
is far too short to waste time trying to figure it out.  I'll just say that
to some degree the existance of disagreements and heated debate
may not be all bad.  For it is through being exposed to a wide range
of opinions... even seemingly or actually wrong opinions... that we
expand our minds :-)