Re: Thanks for all the replies folks, a few more questions...

"David" <this@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:vOWdnYS0GoydpM3YnZ2dnUVZ_vmdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "tourman" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1162874581.114863.240640@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Nice ! That's gotta be a new low even for you. I hope the original
>> poster isn't judging this group by the likes of you
>
> I'm never pleased to encounter a newsgroup where there are frequent
> personal attacks and what not, but I learned long ago that especially in
> an unmoderated alt group there is little that can be done about it.  I've
> seen so many groups trashed and rendered but a shell of what they
> could be that it almost doesn't sadden me anymore.  I consider myself
> lucky if even one or two people take the time to address my questions
> and I'm thankfull when they do.
>
> I don't know to what extent the animosity in this group is related to
> personal issues, different business models, real and/or perceived
> transgressions against best industry practices or the law, etc and life
> is far too short to waste time trying to figure it out.  I'll just say that
> to some degree the existance of disagreements and heated debate
> may not be all bad.  For it is through being exposed to a wide range
> of opinions... even seemingly or actually wrong opinions... that we
> expand our minds :-)

I just read Roland Moore's message and did a couple of archive
searches and was shocked to learn that the comment in question was
meant to be taken literally.  Like I said I don't know what is going
on and what has gone down in the past, but in the context of such
a situation my message seems inappropriately frivolous and I want
to make clear that none of the wording was written with that in mind.