Re: RH Campbell - Talk about price gouging

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Actually, my comments were directed to both posts, but aimed primarily at
> the other post, and no real criticism was really intended - just a tongue
> in cheek comment. I'm not really in the DIY market at all; as I said, I
> just put the page up as an experiment to prove a couple of things to
> myself. Frankly,  I don't care about selling DIY; I'm much too busy
> putting in professional systems to ever be concerned with that tiny part
> of the security business.
>
> And you're welcome....:))

If you guys recall I had a working DIY site up for about a year.  Actually
it was up longer, but as a funtioning cart system for a year.  I was doing a
couple thousand a month on it and every month was a little bigger than the
previous month.  What I found was that I was spending too much time on tech
support for my DIY clients and my contracting business was starting to
suffer.  Basically I came to the same conclusion you did.

P.S.  For those who just want to sell some product on-line you can start
with a handfull of static price pages and a phone number.  I did and I would
have people call, e-mail, and fax orders.  However, when I went to an
interactive cart system sales tripled almost instantly.

P.P.S.  For those who have the time to set it up and work with it, there
aren't many better deals on shopping carts than Click Cart Pro.  Its in
expensive and extremely flexible.  Almost too flexible for some as the
complexity can be daunting. (For the website owner not the customer)