Re: Relocate Telco NID-newbie

In article <YrT8g.18544$Lh.9965@trnddc01>, Robert L Bass says...

>> Technically then, from a signal standpoint,
>> I would be OK to extend their drop, I just
>> might get in hot water with my telco.?
>
>Don't extend the drop cable.  That's a no-no, too.  Instead, if it's an
>aerial drop, lower the strain relief by a foot or two and move the NID
>inside.  As another poster already mentioned, the NID should be grounded to
>the main electrical ground rod of the building.  Make sure you reconnect the
>ground properly.  Note: Don't splice the ground cable.  If you need a longer
>run, use a new cable.  #12 copper with a green jacket is the usual stuff........

>Regards,
>Robert L Bass

Alright, so no extending the drop.  I guess I am out of luck then on relocating
the NID.  It is currently mounted about 12" off the ground with no options for
recapturing slack in the drop to move it anywhere that makes sense.

That leaves me  with upgrading the NID itself and securing the cables with
conduit.  Thanks for the input and reinforcement regarding Suttle.

JG