Re: Relocate Telco NID-newbie

>Some providers get really pissy if you mess with their side of it...call
>your's and tell them what you want to do. They're also connected to the main
>electric ground bond of the house...so ask...maybe they'll move it for you.

Technically then, from a signal standpoint, I would be OK to extend their drop,
I just might get in hot water with my telco.?  BTW, they won't touch anything
without me paying dearly for it (unless I have no signal.)  I called about
getting my NID updated (mine must be from the 70's) and they said I would need
to put in a work-order, not a repair-order and pay $35/1st 15 minutes and
$12/per 15 thereafter + hardware to have the work done.

This lead me to my search for good NID enclosures (anyone heard of
http://suttleonline.com ?)

J. Grimms