Relocate Telco NID-newbie

I would like to relocate my telco's NID to my home network/security enclosure
inside my house.  I have read on this Group that splicing the telco's main drop
is a no-no.  Is there a good way of extending the drop to reach my home-run
enclosure?  Also, any recommendations on good NID boxes?

Thanks,

J. Grimms