Re: Trap door or rising cage party store or bank security system

On 27 Mar 2006 06:58:48 -0800, "stonej" <stonej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Most robbers would probably be standing right at the teller window,
> making it big enough probably woudn't be a problem.  There is the
> possibility that the robber could get struck by the fast rising glass.

If he pulls a gun and demands money, striking him with the rising glass cage
shouldn't be an issue.  However, if Aunt Ida is standing there depositing her
social security check and the teller accidentally hits the button, her lawyer
will be ready for you.  :^)

> Most banks have people standing far back from the teller window
> waiting their turn so they wouldn't be trapped along with the robber
> in the cage.  Hopefully, anyway they wouldn't.

That's true but you'd probably want to implement your system in such a way that
two or more people standing together at the teller would not be a problem.

> It is all just a concept, I'm not really seriously going to pursue
> this, I just thought I would throw the idea out there to see what
> people thought.

Understood.  As I mentioned earlier, I've thought about this sort of thing and
the kinds of problems that one would need to overcome.  It's an interesting
idea.  Bob Campbell works with physical as well as electronic security.  Now
that he's back in the frozen North, perhaps he may have some ideas on the
subject.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.