Trap door or rising cage party store or bank security system

Another of my ideas, anyone know if this has been tried before:

A chamber is built underground in front of the bank teller or party
store checkout area.
Someone pulls a gun demanding money, clerk pushes a button and the
floor opens up
under the robber and he/she falls into a holding cell while bullet
proof glass slides over the
opening holding the person secure until police arrive.

or

Bullet proof glass rises from the floor (very quickly) at the push of a
button enclosing the would be robber in an above ground cage until
police arrive.

No, I haven't figured out the myrid logistical problems with a setup
like this, it is only
a rough idea of what might be possible.

Crazy idea or ?