Re: State licensing questions

"Robert L Bass" wrote in message >

> In Florida all the inspectors I've dealt with (three or four of
> them) asked for battery calculations on commercial fire alarms.

Battery calcs are part of the required shop drawings submitted at the permit
and plan approval process. A copy of the approved plans are to be onsite for
inspection and made part of the required documentation package (log book).
So, why are you dealing with inspectors? Do you really know who are dealing
with?

> One AHJ tried to tell my customer he needed a licensed alarm
> installer to put his DIY system in.  I sent the customer a PDF of
> the Florida statute with the appropriate paragraphs highlighted.
> The customer showed that to the AHJ and got his permit.

I am sure you are right up to speed on the *exemption* language in the
statute since it is what you rely on. To bad you are not up on the rest of
the statute as you are on that particular section... hey hey hey

> Some have been asking for an inspection report and others have
> not.

As if you would know

>Clients sometimes ask me to do the battery calc's >for them
> but I prefer to send them the spreadsheet and teach them how to
> use it instead.

Why don't you just tell them the truth. You are not licensed to do so.

>  I'd like to meet the guy who bid the project and
> thank him for doing such a nice job.  Hope to meet more of his
> customer.  :^)

I am sure he would like to meet  you too!! And you wonder why complaints are
filed against you.