Re: State licensing questions

> I do a battery calculation on all fire systems, but they have not been
> asking for it.  Finally I just started stapling it onto the back of my
> inspection report so if they ask I can tell them they already have it.

In Florida all the inspectors I've dealt with (three or four of
them) asked for battery calculations on commercial fire alarms.

One AHJ tried to tell my customer he needed a licensed alarm
installer to put his DIY system in.  I sent the customer a PDF of
the Florida statute with the appropriate paragraphs highlighted.
The customer showed that to the AHJ and got his permit.

Some have been asking for an inspection report and others have
not.  Clients sometimes ask me to do the battery calc's for them
but I prefer to send them the spreadsheet and teach them how to
use it instead.

We got a large video project recently and the local inspector
only wanted to know if the equipment was UL listed.  He didn't
ask about power supplies, cabling or anything.  The customer had
apparently gotten a bid from an installer before he bought the
system from my online CCTV store because he knew exactly what he
wanted for the job -- cameras, lenses, DVR's, mounts and
housings, etc.  I'd like to meet the guy who bid the project and
thank him for doing such a nice job.  Hope to meet more of his
customer.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large
groups.