Re: Security idea

> I have custom made plywood that I place on my windows
> & doors. Though we are pretty safe here in Tampa, the
> wind gusts alone is enough to make this a viable option.
>
> Home Depot & Lowes have Aluminum & Lexan storm
> shutters that wing nut into place. It's a-hell-of-alot
> cheaper that safety glass.

Agreed.  The problem for me is my home has very large expanses of glass.  The
living room wall alone is 12 feet high by about 45 feet long, consisting of
three pairs of sliding glass doors and a bowed out section of fixed pane glass
surrounding the organ.  There's no place to anchor plywood there.

I really don't want to deal with plywood or Lexan every time there's a storm
churning up the Gulf of Mexico.  Besides, storms can come up while we're out of
town.  Also, our community does not allow people to leave their homes boarded up
except when there's a hurricane coming.  It would make the area look like Waco
or Burnaby.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.