Re: Security idea

As you mentioned, this would be an expensive system to implement.  It
might be
cheaper to just use the new hurricane resistant glass in the windows.
The stuff
is designed to withstand the impact of a 2x4 shot out of an air cannon
at
something like 80 mph (I don't recall the exact specs for the test).
You can
hit it with a hammer and it won't break.  I once tried jumping up and
down on a
piece of the stuff and it didn't even take a scratch.

Can you get these in non hurricane areas?  How expensive are they?