Re: Wireless Security system info wanted

"Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> If you pull up a small section of carpet at a
>> time and put it right back on the tack strips
>> as you go you might get away without using
>> a carpet kicker...
>
> I've tried it that way but it usually looks better afterward if
> you use the carpet kicker.  I don't mind running a small cable
> between the tack strip and the wall but I wouldn't advise running
> wire across the middle of the floor under the carpet.  I've seen
> this on numerous takeovers.  The idiots who originally installed
> the systems ran cable right across the room instead of around the
> edges.  Within a short time normal foot traffic destroys the
> cable.

yea me too.  I went out to take over a DIY system that had done this.  Also
run wire down corner of walls for motions, a real mess.  Declined the take
over.  Looked like a monkey had done the install with just enough phone tech
support to be dangerous.
    A good installer can usually tuck the wires under base board or pull
carpet out from under base board if too tight to tuck, then kick back with
foot or carpet kicker after retucking carpet.