Re: Central STation Equipment

As I recall, our automation software (MAS) made the transfer via an
RS-232 switch.  It could be enabled manually by an operator or
automatically when software sensed a problem with a receiver.

Depending upon how your receivers communicate with automation software,
you could simply use an RS-232 A-B switch to transfer manually.  The
spare receiver can be installed completely and then turned off until
you need it.  Switching phone lines from one receiver to another can be
done manually or automatically as well.  To earn a UL listing, the
spare is required to be switched in place within 30 seconds of failure.

--
Michael B. Baker, SET
Michael Baker & Associates, Inc.