Re: Ademco 50P - Unable To Disarm

Whew!  My thanks to everyone for your responses.  Although I am
suddenly hesitant in my expectation of some pretty strong,
ehh...ribbing, I will try here to respond to the messages since my last
posting.

The direction of the discussion here had already led me to the decision
to rework my wiring in the panel closet as Ranger advises.  Combined
with Crash's specific suggestions concerning power supplies and my
assumption that such supplies have the terminals for 4-wire devices
such as the smokes, I think I have a reasonable idea as to how to
begin.

I had read the manual several times which originally led me to the loop
extender in order to maintain independent zones for each item since the
Vista 50P could provide only eight zones in this design.  My life
experience that manuals frequently leave out important information
either as too basic or irrelevant appears, however, to have led me down
a garden path in re the 4297.  This is where the folks here can groan
or laugh, cry or....

The 4-wire devices, including smokes, wired to the 4208U expansion
modules have the data pair connected to the individual zone data
terminals.  But then, the power pair from ALL such devices are together
wired to the expansion module's power terminals.  This is to say that
the terminals which supply power to the expansion module are "tapped"
(if I can say it this way) by the smokes et cetera. So, yes, I have
connected the 4-wire smokes to the polling loop but only (?) the data
pair.

I know it is a joke, but no one here has sold me anything nor did I
have contact with anyone in this group prior to completion (ahem) of my
installation.

Yes, I got it that contact and relay ratings are not the draw and that
waterflow, heats, and contacts do not draw at all.

My google on Altronics led me to an Australian computer power supply
company.  I will seek out the Brooklyn concern.  IIRC?

Although I understand what is meant when I am corrected, a google on
the term "DC transformer" turns up some interesting though irrelevant
information.

Thanks again to all.