Re: Ademco 50P - Unable To Disarm

The heat detectors dont draw any current.  So yes you can ignore them for
your calculations. You will still need a power supply to support everything
you have listed.  The only thing you hook to the polling loop of the panel
is the 4208 expanders.  The polling loop does not supply power, that is what
the aux power is for.  The aux power will support around 700ma which still
leaves you about 1.6 amps short for your aux devices.  You will need a power
supply for those devices.

The siren output is rated at 1.7amps this is usually only good for 2 1amp
sirens.  Do you need 5 of them?  If so you will need to power these from a
seperate power supply.  I would not use the polling loop extender unless
your expanders "4208" are more then 600 feet from your main control.  By
hooking the extender up to a transformer it prevents it from pulling any
current from the main panel but it is only capable of supplying an
additional 128ma to any devices.  Your smoke detectors pull 300ma which is
double the extender can support.  The smoke detectors should be ran to a
power supply or the control.  I would recomend using the aux on the control
for your smoke detectors.  This way if your power supply fails your smokes
will still be operational.  You will also need a way to reset the smoke
detecotors by either a button on the can or a 4204 relay module.  I would
also wire at least 1 keypad to the main panel.  In case of power supply
failure you will be able to operate "disarm" the alarm with this keypad.
There is a diagram in the install manual showing you how to wire an aux
power supply, you should be able to follow that.  Good luck with your
project.

James