Re: Compact cheap "surveilance" camera

In article <449fae4f$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, misfitnz61@xxxxxxxxxxxx
says...
> d wrote:
> > Still, I tried to help.
> >
> > Never mind.
>
> Don't get you knickers in a knot just because he didn't accept your totally
> not what  he asked for suggestion.

It's ok.  I just get the impression that he's fixated on something that
won't solve his actual problem, which he has so far failed to correctly
identify.  I mean, he's the one asking for help, and then dismissing it.

If he wasn't going to consider it seriously, don't bother asking
frankly.

And, this is pretty much directed to him...

The problem he has, is that his clubrooms are being left insecure.

Taking a photo of someone flying his model plane will not make them
secure.

I thought it was a good answer to his actual, if not perceived problem.
Even identifying who it was that left it unlocked, won't fix the
problem, this time, or next time he does it.  The building will be left
insecure, until he, or someone else, discovers the fact.

He has no way of removing their access, so he's just going to be the
nasty guy that points the finger all the time, with no effect. But
annoying people.

I'm assuming that they aren't leaving it unlocked on purpose now, so
telling them off, will have no effect except to make him unpopular.

Basically he's screwed, but doesn't realise that yet either.  Sigh.

What he actually needs, is a way to make sure the place is locked up
securely.  He has an existing alarm.  My suggestion would involve
probably minimal cost (being burgled would certainly cost more) and
would secure the building, therefore solving the problem.

Still, he's free to ask for, and then ignore, good quality problem
identification, and advice on how to solve it, and rush out and buy a
small camera, in the hope that it will somehow solve his problems.

I wish him luck.

He's gonna need it.

> Ever thought of writing for the soaps? Your sense of the dramatic would

Nah, don't watch telly, it's crap.  Rots your brain.

Cheers,
D.