Re: Compact cheap "surveilance" camera

d wrote:
> In article <449f9174$0$6661$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
> 01.iinet.net.au>, no@xxxxxxxxx says...
>>
>> "d" <d@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> In article <1151300045.515892.131920@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>> bitsyboffin@xxxxxxxxx says...
>>>
>>> Another suggestion might be to get your existing alarm monitored,
>>> and then...
>>> a) Have a guard attend and lockup when it's left unlocked.
>>> b) Have the alarm company ring down a contact list when the alarm is
>>> unset after hours, to get someone in to lock up.
>>>
>>> You can have them monitor it, and when it's unset, they can phone,
>>> check who's there, and what time they're finishing.
>>>
>>> Shortly after finishing time, they will call back if the alarm
>>> hasn't been set, and get a new time.  Or, you could have them call
>>> someone and pop down to lock up if there's no reply.
>>
>> And if no one is locking up and setting the alarm, the club is open
>> at odd non set hours by the sound of it.
>
> Yes, but the monitoring option will still work, as the operator at the
> company updates their database with each call, and once the alarm is
> set, it cancels the reminder to call again.
>
> It's a good system, and would work, but the original poster seems to
> have dismissed it out of hand.
>
> I think he's looking more for an ambulance-at-the-bottom-of-the-cliff
> type system.
>
> Still, I tried to help.
>
> Never mind.

Don't get you knickers in a knot just because he didn't accept your totally
not what  he asked for suggestion.

He's not looking for an ambulance blah blah option, he's looking to pull
people up who leave the place unlocked. Not after it's burgled, just when
the next person finds it open.

Ever thought of writing for the soaps? Your sense of the dramatic would
appeal to a daytime audience with nothing better to do.
--
Shaun.