Re: Compact cheap "surveilance" camera

In article <1151300045.515892.131920@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
bitsyboffin@xxxxxxxxx says...
> A club I am a member of has a problem, members keep leaving the club's
> buildings unlocked, unalarmed and even with the doors open on occasion.

Another suggestion might be to get your existing alarm monitored, and
then...
a) Have a guard attend and lockup when it's left unlocked.
b) Have the alarm company ring down a contact list when the alarm is
unset after hours, to get someone in to lock up.

You can have them monitor it, and when it's unset, they can phone, check
who's there, and what time they're finishing.

Shortly after finishing time, they will call back if the alarm hasn't
been set, and get a new time.  Or, you could have them call someone and
pop down to lock up if there's no reply.

These two suggestions seem like a much better bet than waiting to find
you've been burgled, and then trying to finger point.

As it is, finger pointing isn't actually going to solve your problem, as
it's likely to be several/all your people leaving the place unlocked at
times, and unless you start removing keys from people, there's sod all
you can do about it anyway.

And, no, I don't own/work for an alarm company, but I think you might
have a bit of tunnel vision in looking at your problem here.

This message brought to you by the letters G, U, and the number 5.

D.