Re: Compact cheap "surveilance" camera

In article <449f9174$0$6661$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-
01.iinet.net.au>, no@xxxxxxxxx says...

> "d" <d@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > In article <1151300045.515892.131920@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> > bitsyboffin@xxxxxxxxx says...
> >> A club I am a member of has a problem, members keep leaving the club's
> >> buildings unlocked, unalarmed and even with the doors open on occasion.
> >
> > Another suggestion might be to get your existing alarm monitored, and
> > then...
> > a) Have a guard attend and lockup when it's left unlocked.
> > b) Have the alarm company ring down a contact list when the alarm is
> > unset after hours, to get someone in to lock up.
> >
> > You can have them monitor it, and when it's unset, they can phone, check
> > who's there, and what time they're finishing.
> >
> > Shortly after finishing time, they will call back if the alarm hasn't
> > been set, and get a new time.  Or, you could have them call someone and
> > pop down to lock up if there's no reply.
>
> And if no one is locking up and setting the alarm, the club is open at odd
> non set hours by the sound of it.

Yes, but the monitoring option will still work, as the operator at the
company updates their database with each call, and once the alarm is
set, it cancels the reminder to call again.

It's a good system, and would work, but the original poster seems to
have dismissed it out of hand.

I think he's looking more for an ambulance-at-the-bottom-of-the-cliff
type system.

Still, I tried to help.

Never mind.

D.