Re: Compact cheap "surveilance" camera

d wrote:
> Taking a photo of someone flying his model plane will not make them
> secure.

Real planes mate, real ones.  And I don't want an ambulance at the
bottom of the cliff, I want a trampoline half way down.

> I thought it was a good answer to his actual, if not perceived problem.

It is, and I considered it, and I do thank you for raising it, I just
don't think it would be workable in this particular situation.

> securely.  He has an existing alarm.  My suggestion would involve
> probably minimal cost (being burgled would certainly cost more) and
> would secure the building, therefore solving the problem.

Like I said, I don't honestly think it would, at least not without
significant expense.

Whats the going rate on at least an hours trip (1/2 an hour there and
back) for the security guard to go and check on a building that's
apparently been left unalarmed, possibly unlocked. Potentially a couple
times a week.

The camera idea isn't perfect, and perhaps it wouldn't work at all, it
was just an idea that I thought we could try with a camera for less
than $100, if it worked great, if it didn't no big loss we try
something else.  Besides, it could always be expanded to a live webcam
feed ;-)