Re: SurGard MLR2000

"Signalman1968" <signalman1968@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1151632332.601866.302680@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Mark Leuck wrote:
>

> > Your friend must work for ADT then, those receivers are $100,000 each
>
> Well, was it hard to guess? lol

I'm trying to understand then why you are asking about it?

> > I'm not surprised and it has nothing to do with Tyco, the fact is that
is a
> > receiver with an extremely limited audience.
>
> Yea, I agree with you there, my only issue is that DSC, and now along
> with Tyco, has cut the original staff of SurGard that there isn't many
> of them left that even know any of their receivers.

I only deal with 2 people there, Sasha and Mike Rappos. I dont know anyone
else there

> > But the SG-III is a platform to improve on, the SG-2000 is a dead-end
road
> > technology-wise. Also the SG-III adds Internet monitoring which can't be
> > done on the 2000
> >

> Again, another point to agree upon, however there are several issues in
> the works as of right now that we have discovered with the SGIII that
> we have themn working on. The bugs of that receiver have definately not
> been worked out as of yet. But the size and price of the design is more
> industry friendly than what the 2k is for sure. I am still totally
> amazed how a company can produce a rcvr with the quality of workmanship
> of the MLR2, and then put out a unit as of the tin box of the 2K.

SurGard has a habit of releasing amazing promising products then don't
deliver, the 2k was supposed to do a ton of other things except they never
got around to implementing them. It took them a while to get the bugs out of
the 2k