Re: SurGard MLR2000

"Signalman" <itadtmsm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1151525146.459643.265670@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I was just checking the boards and seen to where some comments were
> being discussed in regards to the SurGard's MLR2000 back in Sept of
> 2005. Was wondering if there was anyone in this group that was still
> working with these and wanting to do some cross discussion on this
> subject.
>
> Was also wondering what their thoughts were on the company's statement
> this month of the receiver being discontinued.
>
> Signalman

We have 4 of them and they are awsome however they have always had limited
market potential compared to the SGIII, they are extremely expensive and
there is only a limited number of central stations that could afford one or
use it to its capacity which is about a million accounts.

Also the brain is a Pentium I which is long discontinued so they had an
obsolete platform that would have been far too expensive for SurGard to
update