Re: SurGard MLR2000

Mark Leuck wrote:

> Your friend must work for ADT then, those receivers are $100,000 each

Well, was it hard to guess? lol

> I'm not surprised and it has nothing to do with Tyco, the fact is that is a
> receiver with an extremely limited audience.

Yea, I agree with you there, my only issue is that DSC, and now along
with Tyco, has cut the original staff of SurGard that there isn't many
of them left that even know any of their receivers.

> But the SG-III is a platform to improve on, the SG-2000 is a dead-end road
> technology-wise. Also the SG-III adds Internet monitoring which can't be
> done on the 2000

Again, another point to agree upon, however there are several issues in
the works as of right now that we have discovered with the SGIII that
we have themn working on. The bugs of that receiver have definately not
been worked out as of yet. But the size and price of the design is more
industry friendly than what the 2k is for sure. I am still totally
amazed how a company can produce a rcvr with the quality of workmanship
of the MLR2, and then put out a unit as of the tin box of the 2K.

> 60 line cabinets and DNIS

Great, glad to hear others are using DNIS also, I have ran into others
that only use it for line to line, therefore limiting quite a few
features of the 2k.

We use DNIS from in house switch, then each unit is set to multiple
platforms here.