Re: SurGard MLR2000

"Signalman1968" <signalman1968@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1151556019.282910.139270@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Yea, well I totally understand what you are saying there.
> Unfortunately, (as you can tell I changed my profile on here) let's
> just say I have a friend that is a proud owner of 35 of these units. :)

Your friend must work for ADT then, those receivers are $100,000 each

> The features of this receiver far out do the quality of the design. I
> am just really surprised that after DSC had bought out SurGard, then
> Tyco taking over DSC, that they are phasing out the receiver in the way
> that they are.

I'm not surprised and it has nothing to do with Tyco, the fact is that is a
receiver with an extremely limited audience.

> Now the SystemIII, even though operates the same
> protocol and software version that the MLR2000 does, is still limited
> in two properity versions that the MLR2000 however handles, therefore
> limiting the capabilites of some of SurGard's current customers.

But the SG-III is a platform to improve on, the SG-2000 is a dead-end road
technology-wise. Also the SG-III adds Internet monitoring which can't be
done on the 2000

> Just wondering about the other guys, you stated that you have 4 units
> installed. Are you using 60 line units, or 255 unit cabinet sets? DNIS
> or POTS lines?

60 line cabinets and DNIS