Re: ADT Essential Wireless Package

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 01:59:49 -0400, "camman" <camman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>hey J.... the bull shit is getting above my boots brother... please... let's
>cut the bullshit brother.. Having worked for the same company you do now, I
>know for a fact that as of Friday, niether is on the current 2275, and it is
>not available through Oracle... so not sure what your talking about..
>
>By the way.. ever hear of BSWID (bull shit em when in doubt)

Evidently, there's a whole lot about ADT you don't know.  The 2275 and
Oracle are tools used by local SSO's to estimate small commercial jobs
and to order parts for branch operations.  What I've described isn't
done through that channel.

Here's the two products I mentioned:

www.vistascape.com

http://www.est.net/integ_tech.cfm

Here's some other stuff you don't know about:

Attack Warning / Mass Notification System
When you need to deliver accurate, timely emergency information during
critical situations, sirens and horns just aren't good enough. That's
why ADT offers Intelligible Voice Messaging to every person on the
base, helping reduce personal injury and limit material damage. Not
only are these capabilities important, they are mandated by the UFC
for all Department of Defense organizations. And, the ADT System is
designed and approved by a NICET Level IV.

 Executive Protection
ADT is committed to providing affordable solutions for all law
enforcement agencies, bodyguards, and private investigators who
protect the welfare and lives of individuals. If your job is to
protect, then ADT has what you need.
GPS Tracking Devices
ADT's Mobile Safety Product provides mobile security for your vehicle
throughout the nation. ADT can monitor the unit through our NMC and
you can track the unit on the internet through the provided software.
Network System
ADT partners with industry leaders in network systems to provide
security infrastructure protection of both physical and logical
networks.
 Rapid Deployment/Man Portable Systems

Public Warning / Mass Notification System
When a disaster situation occurs, it's crucial to be able to provide
real-time instructions to the public. ADT offers Intelligible Voice
Messaging - using pre-recorded and live messages - so you can provide
immediate, up-to-date information in highly populated areas, before,
during and after a disaster or emergency:
Mobile (self-contained) units for emergency field deployment
Evacuation procedures
Current disaster conditions
Food and shelter locations
Direction for large crowds during emergency situations.
To learn more about how this system can help you in the event of a
disaster or emergency, contact your ADT Federal Systems account
executive today. Because when getting the message out is critical, so
is who you choose to help get it out.

ADT QControl? Brings Heightened Screening at Airport Checkpoints

ADT introduced QControl, a state-of-the-art aviation screening-process
technology, at Miami International Airport. The system fully
integrates airport security technologies to maximize public traffic
flow, promote industry compliance and heighten overall security.

QControl helps eliminate false alarms, uses minimal space, allows
unmanned monitoring and improves passenger information.

Miami is the first airport in the world to install this ADT system to
monitor both inbound and outbound traffic flow.

Some project examples:

 Case Study:
Washington Dulles International Airport

Location: Washington, DC (IAD)
Contract Amount: $12 million
ADT performed design, installation and maintenance of all Washington
Dulles International Airport security systems including access
control, CCTV, digital recording and perimeter security. Major
equipment includes Software House access control, American Dynamics
CCTV and Loronix digital recording. ADT was also awarded a $1.3
million maintenance contract that runs through June 2006.

Since receiving the maintenance contract for the electronic security
systems at the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority facilities
at Dulles and Reagan National airports (see Reagan information below)
in 1999, ADT has added more than 250 Software House card readers and
field panels to the access control system, in addition to providing
all preventive and corrective maintenance on the existing equipment.
As part of this contract, 15 ADT technicians were factory-trained and
certified on all Software House equipment and software.

ADT has also provided access control, CCTV, digital recording, and
other security equipment as a subcontractor to prime construction and
electrical contractors at Washington Dulles. ADT provided access
control and CCTV system components for a new pedestrian walkback
tunnel as a subcontractor to Heller Electric; furnished and installed
all security system components for the main terminal renovation as a
subcontractor to Centex Construction; and installed access control and
CCTV systems as a subcontractor to Turner Construction. The
approximate value of these contracts was $ 3.8 million.

return to top

Case Study:
Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport

Location: Atlanta, GA (ATL)
Contract Amount: $2.4 million
ADT designed, installed, and maintained a major CCTV System 8900
switcher expansion to include the addition of a 400-camera digital
recording system. This project required the coordination of numerous
trades in the construction of a new equipment room with HVAC and fire
suppression systems. The security installations were all completed on
time (between May 1999 and September 2000.

return to top

Case Study:
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport

Location: Washington, DC
Contract Amount: $4 million
ADT provided design, installation and maintenance of access control,
CCTV, digital recording and perimeter security. ADT was recently
awarded a $1.2 million maintenance contract that runs through June
2006.

ADT provides all preventive and corrective maintenance activities for
all airport security systems 24/7 with 20-minute response time during
peak hours. ADT provides all maintenance and expansion support of the
existing 375-camera CCTV system, including installation, setup, and
programming. ADT provides the same support of the existing access
control system and its more than 500 card readers as well as primary
assistance in the expansion of the digital recording system, including
installation and programming. ADT also provides the airport with labor
and material for all new security projects with an estimated value of
$1 million per year.

return to top

Case Study:
Salt Lake City International Airport

Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Contract Amount: $1.2 million
ADT designed and installed a new access control system. Equipment
included a redundant Northern 3.0 ProWatch NT server with several
imaging stations and more than 300 HID ProxCard readers. The work
required transitioning from the existing access control system and
database while keeping all equipment operational. The project was
completed on time.

return to top

Case Study:
Port of Oakland

Addressing America's Seaports

Situation
After September 11th, the federal government declared port security an
even higher priority and hurried to make funds available for security
system upgrades. The Port of Oakland, one of the nation's strategic
seaports, was among the first to receive security grants to improve
the security of its facilities. In addition, several port tenants also
received grants to support security enhancements to specific terminals
or tenant security programs. The Port is made up of seven active
container terminals and two intermodal rail facilities that move
nearly 23 million metric revenue tons of food and materials between
the United States and its international trading partners, Hawaii and
U.S. Trust Territories.

Solution
The Port of Oakland received proposals from contractors nationwide,
with bids ranging from a low of $10.9 million to a high of nearly $22
million, significantly above its available budget. In April 2003, the
Port of Oakland signed a $4.75 million maritime security enhancement
contract with ADT® Security Services, Inc. To meet the security needs
within the established budget, ADT developed an integrated security
solution including automated access control, video surveillance,
perimeter intrusion detection and an integrated communications
infrastructure. Not only would ADT be providing the security systems,
the team would be responsible for system maintenance, electronic
access control enhancements and other sole source system expansions.
The proposed system met all of the Federal Homeland Security criteria
and commenced implementation shortly thereafter.

Implementation
ADT recruited Tyco sister company, Earth Tech, an industry leader and
global provider of engineering, architecture, environmental,
infrastructure development and facility operation services, to perform
all of the construction management tasks. The team analyzed
requirements and eliminated 31 miles of trenching through the use of
an encrypted wireless network. This system schedule would save the
Port millions of dollars in labor and expenses and reduce the
possibility of terminal operation disruption during the installation
process.

Results
The new baseline security management system includes firewalls,
password-protected commands and control capabilities through a remote
web-enabled management system for Port terminals. The integrated
system will help ensure secure and fast communication among a variety
of agencies in the event of an emergency.
"Maintaining the safety and security of Port workers and visitors, and
the integrity of our seaport operations are of paramount importance,"
said Tay Yoshitani, executive director of the Port of Oakland. "This
contract provides us an exciting opportunity to harness ADT's renowned
experience and professionalism and the latest technologies available
to deliver a superior integrated security operation at our maritime
terminals."

return to top

Case Study:
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority

Providing integrated access control, intrusion detection and fire
systems to a chain of underground stations

Situation
With 83 stations and 103 miles of track, the Washington, D.C.
MetroRail system is often hailed as one of the finest in the country.
Serving some of the national capital's most important government
facilities, including the Pentagon, MetroRail required a number of
security enhancements in the aftermath of 9/11. A multi-million dollar
grant was made available through the federal government to fund an
upgrade.

Solution
The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) selected
ADT to provide integrated intrusion detection, access control and fire
alarm systems in a majority of the underground stations. David Couch,
director of infrastructural renewal for WMATA, said ADT was chosen
because the company offered the best integrated security products and
programs to meet MetroRail's needs.

Implementation
ADT installed panels that integrated intrusion detection, access
control and fire alarm technologies within MetroRail stations in 2003.
The integrated system provides a single interface that is very cost
efficient and easy to use. The system provides perimeter and internal
protection as well as tracking of access to critical areas. Currently
in development is the centralized command center that will provide
monitoring for the entire system.

return to top

Case Study:
Citizens Bank Case Study

Standardizing security into a Bank-managed security solution

Situation
Following several years of growth through acquisitions, Citizens Bank,
a Top 20 commercial Bank headquartered in Providence, R.I. with more
than $70 billion in assets, found itself with inherited and oftentimes
incompatible security systems throughout its network of 1,400 retail
branches and ATM locations. At one point, especially after the
Citizens acquisition in 2001 of Mellon Bank, the Bank was dealing with
a number of security vendors providing multiple branch alarm panels
and monitoring services. This contributed to higher than planned
security costs, varying levels of service and support, and an
unproductive environment for its security and branch personnel.

Solution
ADT teamed with Citizens Bank, an institution undergoing substantial
growth, by designing a Bank-managed security command center to monitor
and report all of its branch alarm activities and by upgrading and
standardizing the Bank's network of alarm panels.

Implementation
Over the course of five years, Citizens Bank went from relying on the
ADT National Monitoring Center to the ADT-designed Mastermind branch
alarm monitoring and reporting system ? open architecture technology
designed to communicate with ADT's, as well as with other industry
standard alarm panels. In phase one, ADT converted the alarm panels of
all former Mellon branches to the new Citizens Bank specification. In
phase two, ADT converted the balance of the Bank's 855 branches
throughout the Northeast to this same security standard. As part of
the standardization, ADT also incorporated a new network access
control system of over 500 card readers to tighten security for the
Bank's 25 non-retail locations, including data centers and headquarter
facilities.

Results
ADT developed a solution that communicates on the Bank's network, both
improving security and lowering overall security costs for Citizens
Bank. Consequently, the Bank controls the management and alarm
reporting of its security operations, ensuring more consistent end
user operation and achieving lower false alarm rates. Most
importantly, Citizens Bank has a security system capable of keeping
pace with the Bank's growth plans.
"As we have grown through acquisitions, ADT has helped us streamline
our security management, supporting us with a national account program
and a service delivery infrastructure that mirrors our growing
footprint," said Paul Gvazdauskas, Vice President, Corporate .

return to top

Case Study:
Martin State Airport

Video surveillance and access control at a General Aviation Facility

Situation
While security at commercial-service airports receives a great deal of
attention from the public and the media, General Aviation (GA)
airports are seen by some political and security experts as more
susceptible to terrorist infiltration because there are no federal
security mandates for these facilities. But just as larger airports
are ramping up their security systems, GA facilities ? which serve
private, business and military aircraft ? are assessing their risks.
One of those is Martin State Airport, located nine miles east of
downtown Baltimore, Maryland, and less than 50 miles from Washington,
D.C. In addition to its proximity to the nation's capital, Martin
State Airport is also home to the Maryland Air National Guard, making
access control a high priority for the airport's operator, the
Maryland Aviation Administration.

Solution
Martin State Airport called on the ADT Federal Systems Aviation team
in 2002 to provide both a CCTV and card-verification system to help
create a more secure environment for the aircraft and workers
operating at the facility. ADT's aviation security professionals
proposed an ADT Select Entry access control system. The system not
only supports a number of card-reader technologies, but also includes
a fingerprint pad for an added level of verification. The airport's
perimeter and other vulnerable areas were further protected by a
phalanx of high-tech security cameras.

Implementation
In total, ADT installed a CCTV system, a system administrator's
station (with monitors, a switcher/controller, motion-detection
software and a digital recorder), a security guard booth monitoring
station, and a datavideo communications system that integrates the two
stations seamlessly into the airport's fiber optic network. ADT Select
Entry allows access control at key portals to help provide that only
those authorized to enter may do so.

Results
Martin State Airport is beginning to see results by implementing the
systems. ADT Select Entry assures control of personnel access. The
CCTV system helps enhance physical security of the facility and
contributes to airside operations monitoring and safety. In addition
to its security protection, the CCTV system has already saved the
airport millions of dollars in potential aircraft damage claims. After
a February storm dumped 20 inches of snow on the airport, a hangar
camera, monitored in the security guard booth, alerted officials to a
collapsing hangar roof and the need to evacuate the aircraft. Martin
State Airport officials are very pleased with the fine performance of
its new security system.

return to top

Case Study:
Carter Brothers

Strategic alliance partners Carter Brothers and ADT team up to provide
project management services

Situation
Today's evolving security climate and the increasing potential for
disruption have changed the way companies think about security. The
renewed focus over the past few years on property, asset and employee
protection has companies big and small turning to ADT to help them
meet the security needs dictated by the changing times. While ADT
values its role as the industry leader, it also takes pride in the
relationships and partnerships it establishes to ensure customer
satisfaction. ADT partners with carefully selected companies ?
strategic alliance partners ? which it can utilize for specific
applications within its ongoing security projects. As an example, a
manufacturer wanted to modify its facility to electronically control
the work environment and secure employees while reducing physical
guard force. The company selected ADT to install an integrated system
that would allow them to manage and secure its buildings, but needed
its new security system to be up and running within a short amount of
time.

Solution
To meet the time requirements, ADT enlisted Carter Brothers, LLC,
headquartered in Atlanta, to provide onsite project management and
staffing and keep the project on schedule. Carter Brothers, a company
formed by brothers Cris and John F. Carter, is a Minority Business
Enterprise (MBE). Carter Brothers provides ADT project/program
management, consulting services, marketing support and a national
syndicate of pre-qualified subcontractors. The strategic alliance
between ADT and Carter Brothers, which incorporates components of a
mentor and protege relationship, has become an integral complement to
ADT's internal installation workforce.

Implementation
Just after the manufacturer signed the contract, the installation
service provider hired by Carter Brothers was onsite to evaluate the
situation. This allowed work to commence within a scheduled two-week
employee holiday break. Despite the campus size, the contractors
integrated the ADT-designed security system into one console room that
housed closed circuit television (CCTV), fire alarm, access control
and the building management system. This enabled management to control
the interior and exterior of the facility by viewing all security
cameras simultaneously. A system was also added to control the
entrance and egress of the company's employees.

Results
Carter Brothers completed the project on time and within budget. The
facility now provides a safer environment for employees, improved loss
prevention mechanisms and enhanced security for the facility's remote
geographic area. Subsequently, ADT enlisted Carter Brothers to work on
two additional sites for the same manufacturer using the location as
the model.

return to top

Case Study:
RFID

Inventory management and asset visibility

Situation
RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) is emerging as one of the most
valuable tools for tracking, counting and locating goods anywhere from
the point of manufacture to the point-of-sale  and beyond. RFID can
address specific supply chain needs including verification of
shipments sent or received, automatic location of content-specific
merchandise and more accurate restocking. Major U.S. retailers and
consumer product companies have made the commitment to implement RFID
tagging in the supply chain by 2005. A growing number of manufacturers
and retailers are beginning to recognize RFID as an industry-wide need
and are accelerating their own planned investments in the technology.

Solution
Major retailers and manufacturers are turning to ADT® Security
Services to benefit from its experience and integration capabilities.
ADT offers a full range of products and services needed to execute
turnkey RFID-based solutions, including readers, tags and integration
software. Its RFID solutions seamlessly complement electronic article
surveillance (EAS), digital video and access control products to take
technology advancement to the next level. ADT provides flexible,
modular solutions that work with industry-recognized open standards.
RFID products include portable, handheld RFID readers, proven to
decrease labor time associated with physical inventory counts by up to
80%.

Implementation
As the only company to work with RFID frequencies at all levels,
including high, ultra-high frequency (UHF) and microwave, ADT provides
significant added value in meeting the needs of its customers
throughout the supply chain. When applying technology like RFID, it is
reassuring to have a provider that anticipates issues, uses proven
techniques to get maximum system performance and has the ability to
make products easier to use.

Results
ADT has allocated significant resources for the development and
delivery of RFID solutions and is committed to providing solutions
that are modular, flexible and compatible with its customers' existing
technology infrastructures. ADT provides EAS solutions to more than
80% of the world's top 100 retailers and its commitment to RFID is
part of its investment in developing solutions that work with industry
standards, allowing users to develop and expand capabilities as
technology evolves.

return to top

Case Study:
Specialty Retailers

Implement video auditing to tackle shrinkage

Situation
No specialty retailer is immune from shrinkage. Inventory shrinkage, a
combination of employee theft, shoplifting, vendor fraud and
administrative error, cost U.S. retailers over $31 billion last year,
according to the latest National Retail Security Survey report on
retail theft, that analyzed theft incidents from 118 of the largest
U.S. retail chains. Specialty retailers are looking for ways to deal
with shrinkage by finding a cost-effective security solution to better
control their potential for losses.

Solution
The ADT® Select Vision auditing program is an ideal protection package
to assist specialty retailers in tackling the shrinkage issue. A total
integrated video services solution, ADT's Select Vision system and the
accompanying auditing software, provided by Arrowsight, allows ADT to
measure store compliance by performing audits and providing a score to
store management based on multiple factors. The hard data, supplied
daily, illustrates the performance of a store and enables the retailer
to take proactive actions before a compliance issue becomes disruptive
or problematic. To corroborate ADT findings, management can view the
secure video at any time, from any computer with Internet access.
ADT's industry-leading digital recording technology enables automatic
storage and the ability to search archived images quickly and easily.

Implementation
ADT Select Vision enables retailers to proactively utilize the system
to perform process verification audits such as POS exceptions, monitor
receiving door activity and employee access, backroom inventory
procedures, and tracking inventory counts on high-value merchandise.

Results
By implementing ADT Select Vision, a specialty retailer can cut costs
and increase revenue, resulting in a solid return on investment. This
customized security solution significantly reduces shrinkage by
allowing a retailer's management team ? at the corporate, regional and
store level ? to anticipate loss vulnerabilities before they become
unmanageable.

return to top

Case Study:
Salt Lake City International Airport

ADT designed and installed a new access control system. Equipment
included a redundant Northern 3.0 ProWatch NT server with several
imaging stations and more than 300 HID ProxCard readers. The work
required transitioning from the existing access control system and
database while keeping all equipment operational. The project was
completed on time.

return to top

News Article:

For articles and other documentation on our products and services, see
The Q CONTROL System Resource Collection CD, ADT The Solution Source,
Volume 2, No.1 Spring 2000 and ADT Wire, Volume 35, Issue I,
February/March 2000.

return to top

News Article:
Eye scanners part of security boost; Colonie Equipment to identify
airport staff before allowing access to restricted areas

The Albany (N.Y.) Times Union, August 5, 2003, Page B4

Albany International Airport is installing new, futuristic staff
security equipment that will scan workers' eyes to confirm who they
are before allowing them into restricted areas.

The new scanners are part of a $255,000 program that will include
upgrades to the airport's other security equipment and software. A
Federal Aviation Administration grant will contribute $198,900 toward
the cost of the equipment and installation from Tyco-ADT.

"It is nonintrusive, and it is not harmful to people," acting Chief
Executive Officer John O'Donnell said of the biometric technology,
which he said can "read" the distinctive pattern of an eye's colored
iris and determine whether it matches the record on file for that
person.

There will be three Iris Recognition Stations set up for airport staff
only, O'Donnell said.

The enhanced security systems for staff come at a time when the
airport's federal security screeners are stepping up scrutiny of some
small passenger items in response to heightened concerns about
potential hijackings.

Paul Varville, the federal Transportation Security Administration
director at Albany International, said the change follows new warnings
that terrorists may be planning to disguise explosives or weapons
inside routine electronic items.

"What we do, when we get these kinds of alerts, is we give more
thorough screenings to things such as cameras and laptop computers,"
Varville said. "We've always looked at these items, but now we are
looking at them more carefully, as of last week."

return to top

Here's how it gets bought:

http://www.adt.com/gov/gsa_schedule/

http://www.gsaadvantage.gov