Re: Connecting two DMP alarms together? Outputs to Zones? Possible?

"Frank Olson" <Use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Crash Gordon wrote:
>> I did the Coke plant like that years ago, the fire panel was in the
>> security building waaaaaayyyyy out in the parking lot.
>>
>> It was the longest pull I'd ever done, first we tried a come-along but
>> that was brutal, then a motorized winch (almost worked) finally ended up
>> tying the pull line to the bumper of my jeep and driving really slow!
>>
>> The electricians were idiots, the conduit was all one run...at least it
>> was big and was strung, otherwise it would have been impossible to pull.
>>

> Had a similar job on Vancouver Island years ago...  It was a vehicle
> salvage yard with a long underground run from the main building to the
> guard shack (only we used a Ford E-250 service van and lots of cable
> lube).  :-)

Been a long time since I had to do a bad underground pull like that.  We did
an 800 foot intercome run out to a new classroom at a high school.  I tried
everythign I could think of and the rope just would not move.  Finally I
took a turn of the rope around my waist, tied a loop, leaned into it and
started walking.  I used my work gloves to redduce the dig in fromt he rope
and pushed int the rope with my hands on either side.  I could just dig in
to the turf enough with my feet to push forward with the strength of my
legs.  My boss came driving out aroudn the school after a while to see why I
was pulling so slowly.  When he saw what I was doing to keep the pull rope
moving at all he flew out of truck and told me to stop.  That I was working
way too hard.  (Grrr... I believe in getting the job done.  Yeah its hard
work.  So what.)  Ultimately we finished the pull with a truck.
--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com