Connecting two DMP alarms together? Outputs to Zones? Possible?

Hello.

I have two DMP alarm panels. I have an XR200 and a XRSuper6 - both in
different buildings approximately 100' away.

I have the XRSuper6 configured to activate output 3 whenever a Fire
condition is triggered. It is also configured to activate output 4
whenever a Burglary condition is triggered.

I am trying to tie those outputs into the XR200 as zones 7 and 8.

I'm confused about how outputs work. From the manual:

"The four annunicator outputs can be programmed to indicate the
activity ofthe panel's zones or conditions occurring on the system.
Annunciator outputs do not provide a voltage but instead
switch-to-ground voltage from another source."

For my system to work correctly, it is almost like I need the outputs
to act like door contacts... Closed when not in alarm, and open when in
alarm.

I've checked for continuity between the panel ground and the alarm
output, but it is always open. Thus when I try to arm the XR200, I'm
getting faults on zones 7 and 8.

Has anyone ever tried to do something like this?

Thanks,
-- Jason Millard