Re: Connecting two DMP alarms together? Outputs to Zones? Possible?

> I did the Coke plant like that years ago, the fire panel was in the
> security building waaaaaayyyyy out in the parking lot.
>
> It was the longest pull I'd ever done, first we tried a come-along but
> that was brutal, then a motorized winch (almost worked) finally ended up
> tying the pull line to the bumper of my jeep and driving really slow!
>
> The electricians were idiots, the conduit was all one run...at least it
> was big and was strung, otherwise it would have been impossible to pull.

I'd have told the electricians to run a new conduit.  Obviously, the one
they installed was either to small, had too many bends or both.  There are
limitations on allowable pulling force due to the tendency of the conductors
to stretch, effectively reducing the diameter of the conductors and with it
their ampacity.  If there had been any coaxial cables for addressable loops
in the bundle using such force could render the system inop.

Not saying you did something bad, Flash, but I'd have declined to finish
until they provided a proper conduit with properly spaced pulling locations.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics