Re: Never had an alarm before but...

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 07:28:15 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
<usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Alarm Guy" <Alarm@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> >> That doesn't surprise me so much as that a lot of guys seem
> >> to think we owe it to them.   I don't mind giving a little
> >> free advice from time to time, but I sure as heck don't "owe"
> >> it to somebody who's clear intent is to use it so they
> >> don't have to buy anything from me or anybody like me.
> >
> > The whole point of usenet was to share information about different
> > topics.
>
> Sure it is.  And I do from time to time, but exactly how does that obligate
> me?  It doesn't...

I don't think the gentleman was trying to convey any obligation
on your part.  He just reacted in surprise (as most sane people
do) to the trash that other folks posted.

After a few years reading the daily drivel from Jiminex, Olson
and the like, one tends to become a bit jaded.  Newcomers are
amazed at these folks' online behavior and they wonder if such
behavior is the Norm within our industry.

Don't take offense at the gentleman, Bob.  I don't think he was
trying to chastise you.  He was just reacting in the way normal
humans do to the verbal effluent that has become standard fare in
ASA.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass