Re: Never had an alarm before but...

"Robert L Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1Znwf.7820$Lh1.1497@xxxxxxxxxxx

>> I was a bit put off by a guy from ADT who offered my "over 1200 dollars
>> worth" of hardware (but only if I signed up today), and what amounted to
>> $42.00 / mo for monitoring.  ($CDN here).
>
> That's all too common.  You end up paying several times what the system is
> worth and the contract is only slightly more binding than a contract with
> Lucifer.

Oh common, you can get out of it easy enough.  You just have to be able to
pick a guitar with the combined skills of Joe Satriani, Carlo Santana, Roy
Clark, and Eddy Van Halen.  Well, if you are from Texas you have to be able
to saw a fiddle with similar skills.  (If yer gonna play in Texas you gotta
have a fiddle in the band.)

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com