Re: Never had an alarm before but...

Bob La Londe wrote:

> > These ingrates get free advice and have the gall to bitch
> > about it... amazing indeed.
>
> That doesn't surprise me so much as that a lot of guys seem
> to think we owe it to them.   I don't mind giving a little
> free advice from time to time, but I sure as heck don't "owe"
> it to somebody who's clear intent is to use it so they
> don't have to buy anything from me or anybody like me.

The whole point of usenet was to share information about different
topics.  If you're not going to do that, you might as well be reading
and posting to "alt.shoot.the.shit" or go to some private, invite-only
web forum where DIY'ers are not allowed.

Truth is, you alarm guys are dinosaurs.  The alarm hardware companies
and monitoring companies are merging and being bought up by big
players.  They are building more and more wireless and smart
sensors.   The big players want to cut labor costs, so they will (and
are) designing hardware that can be installed by a teenager.  They
will be (or already are) giving the hardware away for free just to get
the monthly revenue.

It used to be that only a Bell tech could wire up a telephone
extension in your house.  It used to be that you could only RENT a
phone from Bell.  Won't be long until you guys will be talking about
the good-old-days, where you had the corner on the alarm hardware and
installation market.

Wait till WalMart starts selling the panels and sensors.