Re: EOL's (Bump!)

Bob Worthy wrote:

> ... Interesting, you don't think he might try to
> cheat the government, do you?

I wouldn't put it past him.  I do know he sent a CCTV switcher to some
fireman's museum a while back.   He got it as a "free sample" from the
manufacturer, then forwarded it the guy running the museum and had the
temerity (stupidity) to ask for a receipt on museum stationary "for tax
purposes".  In the same thread he accused me of "promising" to send them
some equipment as well, and then reneging on the promise.  In the words
of JS:  "What a putz!"

> Well, I hope he isn't selling over the phone. What kind of paranoia will RLB
> have knowing that everytime his phone rings, it just may be the original
> complaintant, which is still after his bASS, just waiting for RLB or an
> employee to sell something, one on one over the phone. It is easy for a
> conversation to go over the line of exempt or not exempt. He doesn't have a
> business license as a distributor. It might even be the DBPR doing a sting,
> or his local tax assessor. It is getting harder for him to hide behind web
> based sales without a license. hey hey hey :>)

Actually this goes a long way toward explaining why he *doesn't* answer
the phone.

> He will come back around. He just might be figuring, out of sight out of
> mind, if he stops posting to people in Florida. Or maybe he is trying to
> figure out who my boss is. I hope he doesn't, because if he gets my boss
> POed at me, I won't get dinner tonight.

My "boss" stopped cooking years ago when she was told by my sons that I
was a better cook.  "Not getting dinner" is something I don't have to
worry about.  :-)