EOL's

Today I had a strange occurrence with a EOL. The system was not reporting
the zone open even though I was holding the door open and looking at the
keypad. After a period of troubleshooting found that the 3.74k resistor was
now 5.86k. Replaced with new and all is well. This is the second time in 17
years that this has happened to me.  Very Strange???
I wonder what would make it change in this way.  Any thought???

Responsible comments requested.