Re: EOL's

ABLE_1 wrote:
> Today I had a strange occurrence with a EOL. The system was not reporting
> the zone open even though I was holding the door open and looking at the
> keypad. After a period of troubleshooting found that the 3.74k resistor was
> now 5.86k. Replaced with new and all is well. This is the second time in 17
> years that this has happened to me.  Very Strange???
> I wonder what would make it change in this way.  Any thought???
>
> Responsible comments requested.

Well,   If your panel showed no open zone and the door was open.....the
size of the resister is a small factor....if the door "switch" was
open, the circuit should be open.  So! it sounds like a ground past the
resister and before the switch that probably got "fixed" when you
changed the EOLR .  and yes the EOLR value does matter...just one way
to possibly explain it. Just draw out the simple circuit and you can
see that an open switch MUST open the panel, no current flow...but a
suitable ground in the right spot ....it can bypass the switch.   and a
ground on the other side of the resistor will open the circuit.   This
is the reason for a lot of intermitten problems... that "go away" after
you check things....look for nicked wires etc.