Re: EOL's

Thanks for all the thought even if they were slightly off tangent.

Yes the resistOr did change value (up) and I would think that a high voltage
surge would have degraded the value down not up if not open altogether.
Weird things do happen and sometimes in ways you would not expect.

Again thanks for the "responsible comments".