Re: EOL's

Is not true that if copper is heated and quickly cooled it will lose it
ductile strength and become brittle??  Maybe when it was processed it was
not tempered properly.  Just be happy in the fact that is was not stranded
wire and all but one strand had broken.  A good reason to use solid wire in
Fire Alarms.