Re: X10? Any good? Need some advice.

I am the frickin OP.

I would like to take a moment to thank the people who offered their
opinions.  That is what I wanted.  Both sides. Opinions.

I have used X10 for turning lights on and off and home automation.  It
didnt bother me (much) when certain lights would have to be "turned on"
3, 4 or even 5 times sometimes before they would actually turn on.  How
much did I spend? Right.

But That is not what I want with a video security system.  I need
something a little more reliable.  I dont need Fort Knox, but I dont
want it to fail me the ONE SECOND that I need it to be working.

Secondly, I would like to thank all the people who seem to have SO MUCH
free time that they get to entertain us with Flame Wars on List Servs.
God, I havnt seen one like this in years.  I think I was involved in
one actually in 94.  It sure can be fun!  But alas, it did not help me
gather information I needed to help decide.

I am starting to think the middle ground solution for me may be 801.g
wireless network cameras.  I am hoping with a nice 200-300 dollar
camera and the right software it might work out for me.  But I am a
little afraid to ask for your opinions, because I dont want anyones
blood on my hands... ;)

My advice to all of you, Take the higher ground.  No one really cares
about your opinion unless they ask for it.  All that was asked for was
opinions on cameras, nothing more nothing less.  Some people take
everything personally dont they? :)